Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Comments

I have now set comments to the most open, un-filtered settings I could. If this gets taken advantage of by spambots or random jerks, it's going to go away, but until then, feel free to comment - anonymously, if you so desire.

As a secondary minor update, I am finding that  seriously reading, comprehending, and reviewing each proposal is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. A few notes:

1) I'm taking the 0-5 scale seriously. By this, I mean 4 is GOOD.

2) I'm taking the time to try to read and comprehend every proposal I'm going over. This is slow.

3) Virtually anything under the sun can somehow be made better. If you want to be told that your proposal is good without any suggestions for improvement, I'm going to let you down. I would give myself a slough of suggestions based on the good and the bad I'm finding in other people's proposals. Follow them, or don't, they are well intentioned suggestions for making your proposal more compelling sounding, from my perspective.

4) Spelling and grammar count for an awful lot. If you can't communicate your idea effectively, odds are you scored poorly in other sections as well.

5) pdfs on dropbox won't let me use Ctrl+F to find text within Chrome. Very aggravating, but hardly the fault of people who use dropbox.

Right now, I'm working on the fourth review of five. I expect to be all done before midnight, but only just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. If it's spam, I'll remove it. If spam becomes a problem, I'm going to change the comment policy. Till then, it's the wild west.